Is My Blog Dead?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Things are changing, and I'm excited. 

I've had this blog for almost two years now and a lot has happened in those two years: moving, employment, volunteering, sobriety, fun, life. Through these two years in Toronto this blog has been an outlet for writing about topics ranging from makeup and skincare to my mental health and even that of my mother. As I said above, things are changing.

I find using this outlet for makeup, fashion and beauty related topics isn't working. Not only is it not working for me as a creative, but it's not getting a lot of clicks. I find it much more interesting to show how passionate about a product verbally/visually; that's why I'm in sales.   What does get clicks? My mental health. Talking about my addiction issues, my mental state, Moncton versus Toronto and how I am as a person gets a lot of views. Though it isn't about clicks, this tells me that the reader (you) like hearing about how I am personally more than a product review. Not only do I appreciate that, I want to do more with that. 

Similarly, on YouTube, my Toothless Topless Talks have been generating a LOT of views. Is it the clickbait titles? Is it the bra? Who knows, but I'll take it. I enjoy talking, as we know, and plan on continuing to use this as a Mukbang series of sorts. I will also continue to go to events, and document them, but will start putting my reviews and makeup related products on Youtube.

I really want to use this blog as more of a journal. A safe space for myself to share my addiction battles, my hurdles, my victoriesTalking about addictions and mental health is not easy. If my blog can help others on dark days, or good ones, then that would make me very happy. For now Cropberry will stay a 'fashion, beauty, lifestyle' blog because who knows...I may change things again.

But for now, here's to a new chapter!





XOXO,

Cropberry

Comments

Popular Posts