Morning Products

A few months back, I was sitting in a restaurant with a few of my friends, and everyone was going around the table talking about what products they use everyday and why - and the differences were shocking. Some girls used NO face creams, some used no primers, some used only face cream...the variations were endless and I was surprised by some answers. I was a cosmetician for three years, and to hear someone say they don't use a moisturizer during the day was shocking to me. So I thought I'd go through what I use everyday, without fail, especially during this awkward time of year where the weather is unpredictable. (None of these companies have sponsored this post FYI). Check out my Youtube Channel on Thursday to get ready with me and see me actually use these products!


The first thing I do to my face in the morning is spray Pixi's Vitamin C Wakeup Mist. The citrus smell is really refreshing and does instantly wake me up. It's in a spritz bottle and instantly absorbs into the skin. $30.00 Shoppers Drug Mart.


Once the Wake Up mist has absorbed I take a brush and apply Vichy's Aquaria Thermal Boosting Essence Water - Dynamic Hydration. The title is basically a long strong of words to say 'a fluid that helps your moisturizer absorb better'...cause that's what it is. If you have severely dry skin, and use this, it aids your serums and moisturizers absorb better, but used alone it does barely anything hence why it's BOOSTING. It boosts and betters your moisturizer. $24.99 Shoppers Drug Mart. 


Once my Boosting Water Essence is absorbed I use Neostrata Hydra Infusion moisturizer. It's fairly thick for a day cream and not fluid at all, which is how I prefer my moisturizer. It did wonders for me all winter. A normal size jar is $30 Shoppers Drug Mart.


Once my main skincare is done I start my makeup prep. I use Smashbox under eye primer ($29 Nordstrom/Sephora), Gosh Velvet Touch Eye Primer ($20 Shoppers Drug Mart) and Pür Minerals Hydrating primer ($39 Shoppers Drug Mart). I find the velvet touch eye primer keeps my eyeshadows from creasing. The Smashbox primer has 100% helped with my under eye bags, and the Pür Minerals primer is extremely hydrating for winter - and mineral based (win-win)!

 

Once my primers have set I am ready to start applying layers of makeup. Visit my Youtube channel Thursday to watch me get ready!

XOXO,

Cropberry 

Comments

Popular Posts