What is Multi-Masking?

Ever since the 'self-case sunday' movement the mask purchasing market has skyrocketed. The meme that everything can be fixed with a bath and a mask has certainly added to this and I am guilty of contributing to it. I own 5 masks and choose which one to use each Sunday without giving much thought to it. Do I need hydration? Am I breaking out? Do I need a good exfoliation? Recently it has come to my attention that maybe I've been approaching this all wrong.

When I first heard of 'multi-masking' I thought it was a marketing ploy. Of COURSE you want me to buy three different masks at twenty dollars a mask. I really refused to think that I needed to use three different masks, and that I was just rotating based on preference, until my skin started to change. My forehead has always been darker than my cheeks (black girl probs), but lately I've noticed my forehead is drier, my nose has more noticeable pores and my cheeks have some discolouration. It was then I realized I had different concerns for each area and "man it sucks I don't have masks for each area". Hence, the beauty of multi-masking.

I definitely wouldn't advise going to a store and buying three jars of masks. If you are aware of what skin concerns you need, buying the smaller sachets of masks would be ideal for your wallet and for expiry concerns! I love all three Vichy masks (though two knew ones are on the way, reviewing soon), and would consider the three ideal for multitasking. They have an exfoliating peel, a charcoal pore-refiner and a hydrating mask all available in in single use sachets. If you have combination skin, like me, that has flare ups of weirdness then I recommend multi-masking to make your self-care Sunday successful!

XOXO,

Cropberry

Comments

Popular Posts