Feminism and Ethereal & Co.

Feminism is a word that tends to cause a lot of controversy. My favourite definition of feminism is by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, who provides this definition in Flawless by Beyoncé. "Feminism - a person who believes in the social, political and economical equality of the sexes" is, to me, the best way to define feminism. As a feminist I often have to defend why it's called feminism and not equality. For me it comes down to the fact that we tend to name issues after the group if persons being marginalized i.e. Black Lives Matter. 

I do feel feminism is necessary because of the amount of issues that women still face. Women are still being sexually assaulted, cat called on streets, paid less than men, forced to purchase their own feminine hygiene products, called hysterical when simply exuding an emotion and facing so many other hurdles. I am a sexual assault victim. I am a black woman often made to feel that my emotions are invalid. Feminism is still a relevant cause and I don't feel equality will be achieved in this lifetime.

Ethereal & Co. is a Canadian run company that contributes to the the female voice through discussing equality, self-care, sexual health and feminism. I found out about this company through some friends and have since become a brand ambassador. Ethereal & Co has many articles ranging from topics that we find harder to discuss as a society, to educational articles and more. The social media presence of this company is warm, inviting and a safe space for anyone to be a part of. 

I wanted to be an Ethereal & Co. ambassador because education on feminist issues and female sexual health is often clouded by this idea that it is anti-male, or radical. I am a woman that is a part of a larger group of women simply fighting for equal rights for all human beings. Education on feminist and female issues is often misinterpreted or lacking and Ethereal & Co. is an amazing platform for people to be able to educate themselves, find friends and sisters who support one other and a way to support a local business while spreading a feminist/female positive message.

Please take the time to visit the Ethereal & Co. website at etherealandco.com and check out the shop and the informative articles! if you use the code Hillary10 you can receive 10% off your purchase. I personally love watching people's faces when I wear my 'Feminism is for Everybody' hat. Also, take the time to research global female issues like Female Genital Mutilation and serious feminist cases that we in Canada and privileged countries don't experience and try to make a difference.



XOXO,

Cropberry

Comments

Popular Posts