Sweet and Sour (Tangy?) Meatballs

You have no idea how excited I am to share this recipe. My mom's meatballs are a highlight of my childhood. We would make them together, the meatballs AND the sauce, and I would always eat spoonfuls of the sauce behind my mom's back (though I'm sure she knew). I was pleasantly surprised that I remembered all of the ingredients and made it since I have not made it in maybe four years. It's an extremely simple recipe, quick to make and was four meals worth, for me anyway.



Ingredients:

1/2 packet of Lipton Onion Soup mix
1 pound of ground beef (I think? Just...a lot of meat)
1 cup of ketchup
1 cup of Heinz chilli sauce
3/4 can of JELLIED cranberry sauce



Mix half of a packet of onion soup mix with the ground beef then roll into golf ball sized balls. Put on a pan and bake at 325 for half an hour.


Let's get saucy. Mix 1 cup of ketchup with 1 cup of the chili sauce and 3/4 a cup of the jellied cranberry sauce. Stir together and try to squish the cranberry sauce so it blends (or put it in a blender. I just like the feeling of the cranberry squishing against the spoon. I like it more as an adult than I did as a child. Back to the recipe...lol)


After 30 minutes, take the meatballs out of the oven and cover in your sauce, then bake for another 10-15 minutes. 


Voila! I serve mine with rice and warm sauce to put on top. In all honesty this meal is just a vehicle for the sauce. It's all about the sauce, which this amount yielded enough for me to freeze some! This sauce would also be good with chicken, so have at it. 

It felt like my mom was right beside me eating the meatballs too, and that meant more to me than the sauce. 

XOXO,

Cropberry


Comments

Popular Posts