Shepherds Pie Recipe

I love Shepherds Pie because it reminds me of my mom, it's filling, it's fairly fast and leaves me personally a ton of leftovers!


Ingredients:
1lb ground meat (I used extra lean)
1 onion
a tbsp of oil
2 red potatoes
1 half of a sweet potato (or a smaller sized one)
(I use milk and butter to make my mashed potatoes so use whatever you normally would use!)
1/4 of a can of corn
1 1tsp ground thyme
1 magi cube
salt
pepper
Start by peeling and boiling your potatoes.
While they boil, fry onions and your ground beef in some oil
Once cooked (About 25 minutes in a roiling boil) mash your potatoes. I add butter and milk to mine. Also no, I don't have a masher...
Get a baking dish or casserole dish. Again, this is all I had.
Layer the bottom with your beef and onions, add corn and combine.

Top with your mashed potatoes. Broil for 5-10 minutes until golden brown. I was scared of my broiler, so this is all I got.

Voila!
A quick and easy meal for the beginning of the week.

Bon Appétit,
Cropberry

Comments

Popular Posts