April Empties!

April was a busy month for me: final projects, exams, getting an internship and going to Ottawa for a few days. The month just flew by and I can't believe I'm writing another empties post! Now this post is going to be different, I also finished two Netflix series' and I'm dying to share my thoughts but first - skincare and makeup.


This morning I (conveniently) finished my Neostrata Moisture Infusion moisturizer. Despite being a mini-jar, it took me months to finish. I've talked a bit about this cream in my morning routine video and blog post but lets have a refresher on what I liked about this cream. Neostrata is a Canadian brand that has a variety of products ranging from regular skin care, to anti aging and one of my favourite products - the 10% glycolic renewal lotion. After having success with the glycolic lotion, I tried the moisturizer. Despite how thick this cream is (making it great all winter) it absorbed really well. The Moisture Infusion has a gentle scent and I would 100% consider it unisex. 30$ at Shoppers Drug Mart for a full jar.


The second product I finished in April was my L'oreal Infalliable Super Slim Eyeliner in Black. This eyeliner is my go to, and has been for two years. I've consistently repurchased this specific one for many reasons. Firstly, the applicator is like a pen, making applying liquid mess free since you don't have to dip the applicator into a vessel of black liquid eyeliner. Secondly, because the tip of the applicator is thin (0,04 mm) and full of black makeup, it makes doing winged eyeliner a breeze. Not once did I start a cat-eye wing and have to re-dip the applicator into the makeup because it was consistently producing the same amount of makeup. Thirdly, and maybe this is more of a trick, but I often pressed the entire applicator to the side of my eye like a stamp to achieve my winged look and filled in any missed spots. Fourthly, it lasts all day and never smudges unless you really try to rub it off. This product lasted me a long time, probably longer than the recommended time to use after opening, but it is the eyeliner I recommend to everyone who wants a long lasting black eyeliner that is easy to apply. $13.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart.


My last product I used up (also today - what's up with that, world?) was my Vichy Spa Shower Gel-Cream with Shea Butter and White Clay. This body wash left me extremely impressed, and extremely clean. The Gel-Cream lathers nicely but is mildly scented making it gentle enough to use on my recently added tattoo and around my nipple piercing which occasionally flares up with irritation (was that TMI? Oops). I would say that this is also a unisex product as the smell is fairly neutral, sort of like laundry or linens. This soap also rinses off well and doesn't leave you feeling filmy or dried out afterwards. $13.49 at Shoppers Drug Mart.


NO SPOILERS I PROMISE!

The first series I finished on Netflix was Love. I watched all three seasons as they were released and let me be real - what was THAT ending? I found the first season very interesting but I was going through personal hurdles that helped me relate to Mickey's character but also Gus' longing for a badass companion. The second season was decent, there was great plot points being developed and great character development as well but the third season felt like a sad plop of mashed potatoes on a cold plate. The writing was unrealistic to mid-to-late 20 year old people in a relationship. There was too many instances of new character flaws being introduced in this season since it's the FINAL one. It felt sort of rushed to be completed to me, and disingenuous. 

The second series I finished was The Alienist. Now, I never watch crime shows or history shows. I tend to lean towards comedy and cooking shows, but The Alienist hooked me and I honestly loved it. As single 10 episode series it kept me hooked the entire 10 episodes and the ending was satisfying - not exactly what I wanted, but satisfying. I found the character development was intriguing and the writers managed to intertwine the character's developments to the murderer as if they had to grow and adapt to be able to find the killer, so you learned more about the characters and the case at once. I thought the acting was great and the cinematography as well. I would like to point out that this was originally a book published in 1994 and the narrative view point in the novel is the main character, Dr. Kreizler, reflecting on the case as opposed to the shows portrayal of the characters living it out step by step. As an English major I found myself wondering about the different perspectives and how that played a role in the novel, but I haven't read it yet.

Here's to a sunny and bright May!

XOXO,

Cropberry

Comments

Popular Posts