Night and Bath Products

Last week I wrote about what products I slather on my face every morning - so it only made sense to follow it up with what goes on my face before I sleep, which is actually the most crucial time to do skincare. If you're lazy, or can't afford day AND night cream, a night cream is usually more efficient for a few reasons: Firstly, night creams usually have a  higher concentrate than day creams. Day creams usually have UVA/B protection but maybe aren't as hydrating, or have as many vitamins/properties to combat anti aging. Secondly, Your body does wondrous things at night. While you rest, your cells go into overdrive and is when your face and body do the most work, including work like absorbing creams and then distributing their contents to the right places. Lastly, you won't touch your face at night. How many movie scenes involve women with clay masks and cucumbers before bed? A LOT!  Because she's not going to touch it, just like you won't touch yours. So my advice is definitely to invest in a night cream if anything out of all of the products I use and recommend. Thursday I will be releasing a Self Care Sunday inspired video where I use everything in the photo bellow (except my makeup remover)! 


First I'll talk about the products I use every single night. If you watched my video Sunday then you know I wear quite a bit of makeup everyday. Now, I know I should, but I don't, wash my face everyday. I do take my makeup off every night though with Avène Micellar Lotion. I only need about two cotton rounds to get my entire face makeup free. Avène is amazing for sensitive skin and is often a doctor and dermatologist recommended brand. Shoppers Drug Mart $26.00.

Once I've removed my makeup I apply Lancôme Tonique Radiance (toner) with one cotton round. It took me years to figure out, but toner basically is an alcohol based astringent that cleans and tightens pores and helps even the skin tone, hence toneR. Since it's fairly strong I keep it away from the bags under my eyes. Sephora $39.00.

Because toner is alcohol based, it instantly dries my skin, so I use Vichy Thermal Water to loosen it back up. Thermal water (in any brand) is also great for allergic reactions, soothing sunburns, cooling in the summer and keeping skin clean - cause it's purified water from a thermal spring in Europe in a can. I thought it was a gimmick but I love thermal water and use it everyday (helps itchy tattoos too). Shoppers Drug Mart $15.00.

Lastly, I put on Vichy Aqualia Night Spa night cream. It has a fluid-gel consistency and isn't thick at all. I'm using a mini jar, but I do have a full-sized as well. It has a high moisture concentrate which is what you should use in your 20s to combat the beginning steps of aging. Full size jar at Shoppers Drug Mart $44.95.



Now some nights are hit and miss with lip care. Half of the week I'll be too lazy and forget, the rest I usually just do Cicaplast Lip Balm (I also have a Biotherm one but I'm trying to empty the La Roche Posay one). Because it was Self Care Sunday I decided to first use Lush's Sugar Plum Fairy lip scrub. This lip scrub is vegan, flavoured and edible! Rub it on for a few minutes to exfoliate the dead skin off and then you either have candy coated lips or you can rinse it off. I then applied (and usually this is my only step) La Roche Posay's Cicaplast Lips. For a lip balm, it's fairly thick and honestly repairs cracked lips in the winter and soothes. It's a product I have recommended for years. Lush $10.95 and Shoppers Drug Mart $8.95.



In this video for body lotion I used Lush's Sleepy lotion which I have talked about on my Youtube. The lavender scent helps you fall asleep and it has pretty gold flecks in it. I also use Reversa Skin Smoothing Body lotion with 10% glycol acid to get rid of dead skin cells on my back that are causing acne scaring. Lush $9.95 and Shoppers Drug Mart $19.99. At this point I am finally ready for bed.


For Self Care Sunday's bath time I used Lush's H'Suan Wen Hua hair mask which has SAVED my hair. I use it once a week or every two weeks and my hair becomes softer and the curls are luscious as you will see on Thursday! Since I was already having a Lush themed experience I used the Just To Clarify jelly mask. The mask is to be left on for 10 minutes then rinsed off. It has bamboo and enzymatic papaya juice in it, and exfoliating beads which gets the skin nice and clean. Lush $21.95 (H'suan wen hua) and $13.95 (just to clarify). Duck - limited edition Henry Holland.


While in the bath you will see the candle I had lit which is Fresh Cut Lilies from Bath and Body Works. I tried to make the house smell like spring despite the ice storm Toronto was experiencing. Bath and Body Works $24.50. I also used the Cheer up Buttercup bath bomb from Lush $5.95.


A lot of products for a day we all deserve to pamper ourselves on! Self Care Sunday seems to be taking over. We all deserve to relax so do whatever that means for you. Maybe you can't afford to slather on all the products like I do, but find a means to relax if you can. I hope some of you go out and try some of this stuff, because I do love all the products listed.

XOXO,

Cropberry


Comments

Popular Posts