December Empties!

I might be posting this a little late but is it ever too late to share products you used up and want to review? The answer is no. I emptied four products in December and I just want to tell you lovely readers if it was worth it's cost or nah.


I'm going to kill two birds with one stone by talking about these two Stila lippies at once. Before I even get into these two shades, let me just gush about my love for Stila. They have yet to make something I am not a fan of. I love love love their lipsticks. The formula in these tubes are long lasting: going on liquid and drying to a matte finish which is hard to make transfer or remove. I can wear a shade for 12 hours, eat, drink...and it's still there when I get home. These two specific shades are Ricco (the burgundy/maroon/vampy colour) and Beso (the red shade). 



Beso is my GO TO for red. As it is blue based it compliments my yellow undertones super well and doesn't look orange on me at all. I have yet to swatch this on anyone who didn't instantly fall in love and it is definitely my most complimented colour. I love Ricco for a darker fall shade but unlike Beso, I did not replace it. Stila has another shade called Chianti which i find darker and prefer at the moment for my go to vamp look, however if you don't want to be as brazen Ricco is 100% a lovely deep berry shade. I would recommend either of these shades to anyone who loves bold lipsticks, and I would recommend this brand to all women who love lipsticks that last all day. Stila retails at most places for $31 which is a bit steep but worth it because of the lack of reapplication.

My next emptied product is Vichy Ideal Body lotion in the balm texture. This product also comes in aqua sorbet (which is a liquid with body glitter infused) and body milk (which is more of a fluid consistency than the balm). The balm is a thick body lotion which I simply adore. I love all things Vichy and have been using their products for eight beautiful years. I remember when they came out with the balm and loved testing it out. Vichy is gentle enough for sensitive skin, includes their thermal water in every product and the balm's thickness is amazing on dry skin - especially this time of year. As you can see I was only using a teeny sample size jar because that's all I brought with me upon moving to Toronto, but it is worth repurchasing. This 15mL jar lasted me about 4 nights, meaning the 200mL tub would last me a year (if I did the math correctly). At $27.95, you get a year of luxuriously soft skin and if you hate the thickness you can use the milk version or the sorbet which I have tried and loved both. My skin is just so dry over the winter I need a thick balm.



My last emptied item is my favourite, so if you've read this far you've made it to the holy grail of products I emptied and admittedly had a replacement ready which I had purchased the month prior. My favourite, and in my opinion the BEST, lip plumper: Neostrata's Anti-Wrinkle Lip Enhancer. For $39 a tube you can look like a Kardashian! No injections! No weird 'Kardashian' lip challenges! Just a clear tingly gloss and voila, large lips! All jokes aside I have used this tube for one year and I absolutely adore it. Unlike other plumbers I've tried the stinging is minimal and more of a tingle. It's peppermint flavoured which is nice as well and hydrating! I apply it to my bare lips while priming my face and by the time I'm ready to put on my lipstick it has dried enough. I don't necessarily need bigger lips but as the trend began to rise, I found myself obsessed with having my lips look even fuller than before and found this product to be the least painful and least expensive with the most plumping effect. I use it every morning and I would say it lasts for a few hours...up to four would be my guess, but I don't usually reapply because at that point I have lipstick on.



Hopefully my product reviews have guided you in some way to put new things in your lip and body collections! I highly recommend all three products. Let me know what products I should try!

XO

Cropberry

Comments

Popular Posts